Small Powerboat and RIB Master (MCA approved)
This is the most popular Powerboat Course! Entitles you to an International ICC & is recognised by the MCA for professional use.
- Covers vessels up to 15m (45')
- Driven by outboard or inboard motors
- In fair weather
- No horsepower limitations
- No accommodation
- Up to 20 miles from a safe haven.
This two day course covers one day of theory and one day of practical boat handling including:
- Safety at sea
- VHF Radio operations
- Small powerboats and rigid inflatable boats
- Launching and recovery
- Anchors and anchoring
- Nautical terminology
- Boat handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Ropes and rope-work
- Basic rules of the road (collision regulations)
- Glossary of terms
This course qualifies you for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) up to 15m.
Note: The size of vessel on which the course is taken will dictate if your ICC is up to 10m or 15m.